Disclaimer

I am not here to build your self esteem. I am not the torch to illuminate your ignorance. Most importantly, I'm not here to make friends or influence people. If you do not know me, I direct you to my first entry as a means of introducing who I am and where I'm coming from.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

San Diego love letter.

Dear San Diego,
Admittedly, I am not the best at loving prose. I wrote a love letter one time to a high school crush (Joey- if you're reading, I'm still humiliated.) Sarcastic humor I can do; lovey-dovey crap is not in my nature. I think it may be related to being German...
But, San Diego, you deserve to be told about all the amazing things you do for me each and every day. You are, and have been, my true love for the last four years. If you ever left me, I would not know how to function, because you sir, complete me.
Whenever I'm having a down week, you know just what to do to cheer me up. You literally bring the sun to my life. All I have to do is take a deep breath of your sea-filled air and I know I will make it through the day.
Sometimes I fall in lust with other cities, but when I come back to you, you welcome me with open arms and show me that no matter how wonderful anywhere else would be, you are by far superior and strong enough to accept my wondering eye.
Your attitude is always tolerant of my faults and you have always provided for me both spiritually and economically.
You are full of the life I have built here as a "real" grownup. If Santa Barbara was my high school sweetheart, you are my steady and committed soulmate. I know when I'm with you there is nothing I can do that you won't accept and repair without judgment.
As I go through this life, please keep holding my hand and walking along with me, because you are there in the good times and I can always count on you in the bad times. You have taught me more than I ever thought I could learn, and you keep opening my eyes everyday to life.
I love you San Diego.
Mrs. Bauer

No comments:

Post a Comment